Murroona Gardens is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect. We currently employ 115 staff including Nursing, Catering, Hotel Services, Diversional Therapy, Maintenance and Administration. Employment opportunities include full time, part time and casual positions.
All staff appointments are subject to federal police checks and on appointment it is a requirement that all staff undergo a suitability assessment by an Occupational Therapist to ascertain their capacity to meet physical requirements. An initial probationary period of six months applies to all positions. It is a pre-requirement for some positions that you are available for shift work including nights and weekends.
All positions are advertised both internally and externally and appointments are made on “the best person for the job” basis. Above all you will be required to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in the provision of aged care services.
Successful applicants are required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
MURROONA GARDEN’S GUIDE TO ETHICAL CONDUCT:
The Board of Murroona Gardens expects that all staff shall pay observance to the following values:
- The right of individuals to be treated with respect.
- The right of individuals to life, liberty and security.
- The right of individuals to have their religious and cultural identity respected.
- The right of competent individuals to self—determination.
- The right to an appropriate standard of care to meet individual needs.
- The right to privacy and confidentiality.
- The recognition that human beings are social beings with social needs.